POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Aug 2000 05:28:24
Message: <39a247b8@news.povray.org>
In article <39a243dd@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

> Still, a recursion limit of 50 (or whatever it was) is ridiculously small.

This depends on the use (it would be sufficient for most chess programs).
Anyway, I agree with you that 50 (I haven't checked it it is the actual
limit) might be too small in some cases.

>   You don't have to use the program stack to simulate recursive macros. You
> can make your own stack by malloc()ing memory. Then the only limit is the
> available memory.

True, but guess which solution runs much faster?  Growing the stack rarely
causes much overhead, while each call to malloc will take noticeable time.

       Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde